- Phlebotomy is the task of placing a needle into the vein(venipuncture) to obtain blood sample for laboratory testing.
- This course is designed for those who have had basic training in phlebotomy or those with limited experience and need a review of the phlebotomy skills.
- This hands-on training will allow the attendee to learn and practice venipuncture and specimen collection on an advance venipuncture aid.
COURSE OBJECTIVES AND PROGRAM OUTLINE
At the end of the Course, attendee will learn:
- Proper patient’s identification
- Anatomy & Physiology relating to Phlebotomy
- Equipment selection
- Order of blood draw
- Preventing complications of phlebotomy
- PRACTICE! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!!
Who should attend this class:
- RNs and LVNs
- New Graduate nurses (GNs and GVNs)
- Medical Assistants
- Paramedics and all Allied professionals whose job descriptions include performing venipuncture and blood specimen collection
- Nursing Assistants (CNA) who want to train to be Patient Care Technicians (PCT)
- Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Call: 713-946-3377
- Location: 8876 Gulf Freeway Suite 240, Houston, Tx 77017
At the end of the class, student will receive a Certificate of Completion and a Competency Check – off List showing the mastery of the learned IV skills
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON A ONE-ON ONE BASIS. TO SCHEDULE FOR THIS CLASS, PLEASE GIVE US YOUR AVAILABLE DAYS AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IS OPEN. Call 713-946-3377 for class availability.