Hands-on training on Central line skills and management
This program will focus on the day to day advance infusion related topics to help navigate the attending individual in achieving competencies in the specified skills. Infusion therapy training classes, being an area commonly associated with nursing negligence, calls for the needs to educate nurses and students, not only about their legal responsibilities and limitations but to equip them with the needed day to day skills.
At GCNC, we pride ourselves in providing an up-to-date education and hands-on infusion therapy classes for healthcare professionals in all healthcare settings. Our infusion therapy training classes consist of didactic sessions, visual aids, demonstrations and practice sessions.
COURSE OBJECTIVES AND PROGRAM OUTLINE
At the end of the Course, attendee will learn:
- Types of Venous Access Devices
- Differentiate between Peripheral line, Midline, PICC and Central Venous Access Devices (CVADs)
- Infusion in acute settings and alternate settings,e.g., Home Health, Doctor’s offices etc.
- Central line complications
- Measures to prevent catheter-related bloodstream infections,e.g. (CLABSI)
- Site Care and dressing changes
- Flushing and Locking Protocols
- Blood specimen collection from CVADs
- Prevention and management of line occlusion
- PICC and Non-tunneled Central line Removal
- Accessing and De-accessing venous Ports (Port a Cath) (RNs only)
- Documentation guidelines
- PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!
Who should attend this class:
- RNs and LVNs
- Nurses/Clinicians in acute, home health, skilled facilities etc. who wish to improve their IV skills.
- Nurses/clinicians who wish to learn/practice Central lines, PICC & midline care and maintenance.
- RNs and LVNs re-entering the workforce.
- New graduate nurses(GNs/GVNs) and senior nursing students.
$ 50 extra for Accessing & De accessing Port a Cath ( RNs only)
At the end of the class, student will receive a Certificate of Completion and a Competency Check-off List showing the mastery of the learned IV skills
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON A ONE-ON-ONE BASIS. TO SCHEDULE FOR THIS CLASS, PLEASE GIVE US YOUR AVAILABLE DAYS AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IS OPEN. Call 713-946-3377 for class availability. One-on-one class will be an extra charge of $75.