1. Basic IV Therapy Course
This course is designed for Registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, nursing students, paramedics, and other licensed practitioners who are or will be involved in inserting, caring and maintaining intravenous infusion. The training places emphasis on hand-on IV start or cannulation which is the insertion of a cannula (plastic tubing) into a blood vessel.
- Steps in preparing for venipuncture
- Outline steps for successful IV cannula insertion
- Setting up primary lines, secondary lines and converting to Saline Lock / Hep-lock
- All types of fluids, isotonic, hypotonic, hypertonic etc
- Vein identification, location, selection and preparation for cannulation
- Care, monitoring and discontinuation of an IV
- Identification of nursing intervention for post insertion care
- Complications of IV therapy and Management of Complications
- Trouble shooting tips on common reasons for problems during venipuncture
- Practice ! Practice!! Practice!!!
Who should attend this class
- RNs and LVNs with little or no experience in IV Therapy
- Nurses, clinicians in acute, Home Health and Skilled Facilities who wish to improve their IV skills.
- New graduate nurses GNs or GVNs.
- Nursing Students in their final year.
- RNs and LVNs re-entering the workforce
- Paramedics and Radiology Staff whose job descriptions include IV procedures.
- Time: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Cost: $175 / $200 if registered on class day
- At the end of the class, student will receive a Certificate of Completion and a Competency Check-off showing the mastery of the learned skills.
- Call: 713-946-3377 or Text: 346-240-8239
- January 14, 2019
- February 11, 2019
- March 18, 2019
- April 15, 2019
- May 20, 2019
- June 17, 2019
- July 15, 2019
- August 12, 2019
- September 9, 2019
- October 7, 2019
- November 4, 2019
- December 9, 2019
(Schedule subject to change, please call to confirm date)
8876 Gulf Freeway Suite 240
Houston, Texas 77017
Phone: (713) 946-3377