1. Basic IV Therapy Course
This course is designed for Registered nurses, Licensed vocational nurses and other licensed practitioners who are or will be involved in inserting, caring and maintaining intravenous infusion. The training places emphasis on hand-on IV start or cannulation which is the insertion of a cannula (plastic tubing) into a blood vessel.
In the class, student would learn:
- Steps in preparing for venipuncture
- Outline steps for successful IV cannula insertion
- All types of fluids, isotonic, hypotonic, hypertonic etc
- Vein identification, location, selection and preparation for cannulation
- Care, monitoring and discontinuation of an IV
- Identification of nursing intervention for post insertion care
- Complications of IV therapy
- It is a four hour class 10am to 2pm
- Classes are offered every Monday and Friday.
- Classes are offered in Individual and Groups practice sessions.
- At the end of the class, student will receive a Certificate of Completion and a Competency
Check-off showing the mastery of IV skills.
(Same building with Pearson Vue Exam Center)
8876 Gulf Freeway Suite 240
Houston, Texas 77017
Phone: (713) 946-3377