1. Basic IV Therapy Course
The IV therapy training for nurses course is designed for Registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, nursing students, paramedics, and other licensed practitioners who are or will be involved in inserting, caring and maintaining intravenous infusion. The IV therapy training for nurses emphasis on hand-on IV start or cannulation, which is the insertion of a cannula (plastic tubing) into a blood vessel.
- Steps in preparing for venipuncture
- Outline steps for successful IV cannula insertion
- Setting up primary lines, secondary lines and converting to Saline Lock / Hep-lock
- All types of fluids, isotonic, hypotonic, hypertonic etc.
- Vein identification, location, selection and preparation for cannulation
- Care, monitoring and discontinuation of an IV
- Identification of nursing intervention for post-insertion care
- Complications of IV therapy and Management of Complications
- Troubleshooting tips on common reasons for problems during venipuncture
- PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!PRACTICE!!
Who should attend this class
- RNs and LVNs
- RNs and LVNs with little or no experience in IV Therapy
- Nurses, clinicians in acute, Home Health and Skilled Facilities who wish to improve their IV skills.
- New graduate nurses GNs or GVNs.
- Nursing Students in their final year.
- RNs and LVNs re-entering the workforce
- The Paramedics and Radiology Staff whose job descriptions include IV procedures.
- Time: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Cost: $245
- At the end of the class, student will receive a Certificate of Completion and a Competency Check-off showing the mastery of the learned skills.
- Call: 713-946-3377
- January 13, 2020
- February 17, 2020
- March 23, 2020
- April 20, 2020
- May 11, 2020
- June 23, 2020
- July 21, 2020
- August 25, 2020
- September 21, 2020
- October 20, 2020
- November 16,2020
- December 14, 2020
(Efforts are made to keep class schedules. However, there might be some variations. So please call to verify dates. If unable to meet above schedules, a one on one class may be available at extra cost. Call 713-946-3377 for one on one class availability)
8876 Gulf Freeway Suite 240 ( Same building with Pearson Vue Exam Center)
Houston, Texas 77017
Phone: (713) 946-3377