1. Basic IV Therapy Course
The IV therapy training for nurses course is designed for Registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, nursing students, paramedics, and other licensed practitioners who are or will be involved in inserting, caring, and maintaining intravenous infusion. The IV therapy training for nurses emphasis on hand-on IV start or cannulation, which is the insertion of a cannula (plastic tubing) into a blood vessel.
- Steps in preparing for venipuncture
- Outline steps for successful IV cannula insertion
- Setting up primary lines, secondary lines and converting to Saline Lock / Hep-lock
- All types of fluids, isotonic, hypotonic, hypertonic, etc.
- Vein identification, location, selection, and preparation for cannulation
- Care, monitoring, and discontinuation of an IV
- Identification of nursing intervention for post-insertion care
- Complications of IV therapy and Management of Complications
- Troubleshooting tips on common reasons for problems during venipuncture
- PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!PRACTICE!!
Who should attend this class
- RNs and LVNs
- RNs and LVNs with little or no experience in IV Therapy
- Nurses, clinicians in acute, Home Health, and Skilled Facilities who wish to improve their IV skills.
- New graduate nurses GNs or GVNs.
- Nursing Students in their final year.
- RNs and LVNs re-entering the workforce
- The Paramedics and Radiology Staff whose job descriptions include IV procedures.
- Time: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Cost: $295
- At the end of the class, students will receive a Certificate of Completion and a Competency Check-off showing the mastery of the learned skills.
- Call: 713-946-3377
- January 24, 2023
- February 16, 2023
- No March schedule. Call for 1:1 if needed
- April 4, 2023
- May 16, 2023
- June 20, 2023
- July 18, 2023
- August 22, 2023
- September 19, 2023
- October 17, 2023
- November 7, 2023
- December 12, 2023
**(Efforts are made to keep class schedules. Variations occur at very rare times. However, please call to verify the dates.
**If unable to meet the above schedules, a one-on-one class may be available at an extra cost of $150. (Please Call 713-946-3377 for one on one class availabilities) A
**$50 charge applies if rescheduling or cancellation is done less than the 48hours of a scheduled class.
8876 Gulf Freeway Suite 240 ( Same building with Pearson Vue Exam Center)
Houston, Texas 77017
Phone: (713) 946-3377