Effective September 1, 2013
A nurse Aide renewing a certificate must complete at least 24hours of in-service education every two years which include training in geriatric and the care of residents with dementia disorder including Alzheimer’s disease.
Gulf Coast CAN Academy
provides nurse Aide in-service, according to the Texas Health and Human Services curricula and rules for nurse aide certification. GCNC is an approved program for training and provides required in-service for nurse aide certification and re-certification.
Certificate Renewal Process:
After completing our in-service successfully, you and your employer are required to complete an “Employment verification” form 5506 in the CNA classes in Houston TX.
The form will ask if you have completed 24hour in service in the past two years? Then check “yes.”
To complete this in-service training:
- Complete payment using the “Click Here to Register and Pay” button above
- Log In and return to this page (if you do not have User Profile, please Register for one here before attempting the Lessons)
- Proceed to the Modules below. When completed, please print certificate for your record.
- Once all Lessons & Quizzes are marked “Completed” return to your “Student Dashboard” to View & Print your Certificate.
MODULES & FINAL QUIZ
You must recieve at least 75% to be considered passing, and be awarded a certificate. You may retake the quiz until you pass
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 1- Dementia Including Alzheimer’s Disease
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 2- How to Promote Dignity and Respect Among the Elderly
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 3- Abuse and Neglect Prevention
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 4- Caring for patients with Diabetes
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 5- Restraints
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 6- Confidentiality
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 7- Infection Prevention
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 8- Residents and Clients Rights
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 9- Falls
- In-Service for CNA: MODULE 10- Documentation
- In-Service for CNA: QUIZ